Thursday, September 13, 2007

Preamble

I do the Friday Quote thing I mention in my profile mainly to keep up with people. By virtue of hanging around for quite a while I’ve gotten to know a lot of people and if I can ping them a quick quote that’s either thoughtful, funny (or both) it lets them know I’m still around. A quirky form of networking, but hey, I’m from Indiana.

Since a blog allows me more space, and since you have to come to it rather than me sending it to you, I needed to decide if I could create a topic that would create even mild interest from enough people. My fear is that people won’t read it. My other fear is that people will.

Steve Johnson, from Pragmatic Marketing, (http://pragmaticmarketing.com/blogs/productmarketing) likes to call these subjects "Everything I thought everybody already knew about running a business." And that’s a good point; too many people assume too much. In fact, that’s a good topic for a future blog.

Anyway, my goal is to pass along “pearls of wisdom” as my ol’ Texas buddy Mike May likes to call them. Like real pearls they’ve been formed by a piece of grit that got stuck in a soft cavity. In these cases the grit is that old nemesis experience and the soft cavity is what passes as my psychotic grey matter.

No comments: